|HOME ABOUT US CONTACT US|
|INDIA TOURS INDIA HOTELS INDIA CAR RENTALS SERVICES TESTIMONIALS|
Kerala Backwater Tour
Trivandrum - Kovalam - Alleppey - Kumarakom - Cochin
(04 Nights / 05 Days)
|Day 01 / Arrival Trivandrum||
On arrival at Trivandrum
airport meet assist at the airport and transfer to Kovalam ( approx. 20
kms. ). On arrival in Kovalam transfer to hotel. Afternoon sightseeing of
1. Padmanabha Swami Temple, the only one in Kerala where foreign nationals are allowed near the Sanctum Sanctorum. Known for its mural paintings and stone carvings, the temple is a blend of Kerala and Dravidian styles of architecture.
2. Kuthiramalika, a palace of the erstwhile Composer King of Travancore, displays a rare specimen of workmanship in the traditional Travancore style of architecture with exquisite woodcarvings (closed on all Mondays).
3. The Napier Museum, houses a rare collection of archaeological and historic artifacts, bronze idols, ancient ornaments, a temple chariot and ivory carvings (closed on all Sundays & Wednesdays).
4. Shree Chitra Art Gallery, displays select paintings by Raja Ravi Varma, Svetlava & Nicholas Roerich, including some exquisite works from the Rajput, Mughal and Tanjore schools of art in India. The collection includes paintings from China, Japan, Tibet and Bali (closed on all Mondays & Wednesdays). The evening is free to relax on the Beach. Night stay in Kovalam.
|Day 02 / Kovalam - Alleppey|
|After breakfast leave to Alleppey by surface 165 kms. On Arrival transfer to Kettuvallam (House Boat). Cruise start after Lunch on board and night stay at house boat.|
|Day 03 / Alleppey - Kumarakom|
|After breakfast move out from house boat at Kumarakom and transfer to hotel. Rest of the day free at leisure. Night stay in Kumarakom.|
|Day 04 / Kumarakom - Cochin|
After breakfast drive to
cochin 75 kms. On arrival transfer to hotel . Afternoon proceed for
sightseeing tour of cochin including .
1. The Hill Palace Museum, a fully-fledged archeological museum and Kerala’s first ever Heritage Museum are the main attractions (closed on Mondays).
2. Chinese Fishing Nets, this unique style of huge cantilevered fishing nets were erected between 1350 and 1450 AD by traders from the Court of Kubla Khan, a Chinese King.
3. Santa Cruz Basilica, this historic church was built by the Portuguese and elevated to a Cathedral by Pope Paul IV in 1558. Pope John Paul II proclaimed the Church a Basilica in 1984.
4. The Jewish Synagogue, constructed in 1568, this is the oldest Synagogue in the Commonwealth (closed on Saturdays & Jewish Holidays). The area around the Synagogue, called Jew Town, is the centre for Spice & Handicraft shops.
5. Mattanchery Palace (Dutch Palace), built by the Portuguese in 1557 and presented to the Regent of Kochi (closed on Fridays).
Return to hotel rest of the day free/ shopping at Ernakulam. Evening Witness Kathakali the famous dance drama of kerala. Night stay in Cochin.
|Day 05 / Cochin - Departure|
|After breakfast, departure transfer to airport/ railway station to board the onward flight.|
Time Travels 14, Kapoor Plaza, Queens Road, Amritsar 143001, India Tel : +91-183 - 2400131,32,33
Fax : +91-183 - 2400134, Email : email@example.com
Copyright © Time Travels. All Rights Reserved